Sunday, May 16, 2010

80’s Dancing

In true renaissance form, this past month or so witnessed my rebirth into the world of 80's dancing. This stuff just flows in my veins. The moves come naturally, freely expressing my passion in rhythmic gestures of arm pumps and pelvic thrusts. There is no greater feeling in this world (and I venture to say in the next) than what we in the scene call "rockin the cage." For those of you who know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you agree. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, imagine exactly what the name sounds like, and I'm sure you'll agree as well. It is an interesting principle that a cage, an object designed to restrict and conceal you from the world, would offer so much freedom. It does, on the surface, appear to be some sort of paradox. But once experienced, new doors are opened and new horizons appear. Feast your eyes these little bits of eye candy. Truly there is nothing prettier than a group of good looking people decked out in 80't garb, still sweaty from cutting so many rugs on the dance floor. Wowwie wow wow! Someone call the fire department! In case you were wondering, the answer is yes, my shirt is made of mesh, purely a practical choice to deal with the hot hot heat of the night.

And so I confess that yes, I am a child of the eighties. That is what defines me: short shorts (preferably cut offs), driving synthesizer beats, and the maddest dance moves you ever seen. For all this, you'll have to blame my mother.

3 comments:

Ie Ling said...

That 80s dancing stuff looks like a blast. You definitely rock the cage.

Unknown said...

i like the tennyson quote from Ulysses. that is probably my favorite poem ever. good man.

Melissa said...

I take responsibility for you... but not the mesh shirt and the short shorts! love, your mother